Unable to seek audio files with playbin2; manual seek also broken in plugins-good-0.10.31

Tim-Philipp Müller t.i.m at zen.co.uk
Thu Jun 21 10:22:34 PDT 2012

On Thu, 2012-06-21 at 13:00 -0400, Eric Montellese wrote:

> So, the new question is:  Why is the pipeline created by playbin2
> different when it is created using gst_parse_launch than when it is
> created by gst-launch?

I find it hard to believe that it is in fact different :)

> And, as before: how do I encourage playbin2 to autoplug the parser?
>  (particularly in the gst_parse_launch case)

If you create a playbin2 element, don't use gst_parse_launch(), use
gst_element_factory_make("playbin2", NULL).

If you're using gst_parse_launch() because it's more convenient to set
properties that way, use gst_util_set_object_arg() instead to set them.

Cheers
 -Tim