Creating elements for the first time takes ages

David Hoyt dhoyt at guidewire.com
Thu Jun 21 10:44:58 PDT 2012

> I'm not sure how those bindings work, but I'm going to say they are dynamically generated (i.e. at runtime), and you've it the place where it generates the bindings.

I would advocate a shift to using the official gstreamer SDK. The provided build is a little more up-to-date. However, I don't believe the .NET bindings are provided...

Have you tried to build a similar pipeline using gst-launch? If so, how quickly does that work? It would help to isolate if it's the .NET or the C side of the house. Sometimes the initial call can take longer as the gstreamer registry is built.