CPU utilization when using gst-launch play mp3

brad2012 soho123.2012 at gmail.com
Fri Jun 29 01:11:12 PDT 2012

Dears,

Is there any method to reduce CPU utilization when play mp3?

When I try to play mp3 by the command:
gst-launch-0.10 filesrc location=/var/tmp/usb/sda1/audio_src/1503-9.mp3 !
mad ! audioconvert ! audioresample ! audio/x-raw-int,
rate=48000,width=16,endianness=4321 ! alsasink device="hw:0,0"

the alsa device is I2S+audio codec in our embedd platform.
the device report sample rate available is 48K
but I have to set playing rate to audio codec  is 8Khz, such that the audio
data can be sent to codec.

But it is now problem about playing .wav file with sample rate conversion by
"aplay" on our embedded platform (without any modificiation).

Is it possible to reduce CPU utilization about gst-launch playing mp3 audio?