Applemedia

Roland Peffer gdevel at clixxun.com
Sat Jun 30 00:22:04 PDT 2012

Hello,

I just stumbled about a problem with applemedia's decoder / encoder part .

I was working on a older 2007 MacBook Pro with GeForce 8600M GT .

The GeForce 8600M GT  support video hardware acceleration, but it seems not to be in the list of
graphics cards that are supported by apple's hardware acceleration framework.

How to determine if the hardware acceleration works? Is there any check in  the applemedia plugins,
except that the pipeline does not play if I use the decoders?

Either the element factory should fail on the decoders if no hardware acceleration is available,
or better the sink pad properties should display this as null properties.
----
Another issue. I've read that the private framework also supports MPEG2 next to h264 de/encoding.
Anyone tried to implement this?

Thx,
Roland