What is xvimagesink?

Nicolai Hess nicolaihess at web.de
Sat Jun 30 04:10:48 PDT 2012

xvimagesink is a Sink which is responsible for handling the
videodata. The xvimagesink opens the XWindow and shows your video data.

Without xvimagesink in your gstreamer pipeline, you would need
another think (filesink for example) which takes your videodata.
Without any sink the data can not flow through your pipeline.
Thats the errormessage "internal dataflow error"