Can I get libgstapp.a?

Axe Effect powered by Chuck Norris nuevoefectoaxe at hotmail.com
Fri Mar 2 22:03:28 PST 2012

Hi GStreamer users,

I'm working in an OpenCV+Qt Linux program which I want to run it statically. Hence, I have had to compile or get all the dependent libs in its static form (.a file). And I've been able to do so except with 1 of the around 40 dependent libs there are in my project: libgstapp. To try to get the libgstapp.a file I downloaded gst-plugins-base-0.10.35.tar.bz2, unzip it, configure it with "./configure --enable-static", build it and install it. But when I check the lib folder where the files have been installed I can find all the .a files of each base plugin except that of libgstapp, which just has a .so file! Does this mean it's not possible to create a static library of libgstapp? Have I done something wrong? Is this a bug?

I'd appreciate your help. :)

AxeEffect