shmsrc/shmsink plugin

Olivier Crête olivier.crete at collabora.com
Tue Mar 6 06:48:13 PST 2012

Hi,

On Tue, 2012-02-21 at 11:39 +0100, Pazzo Da Legare wrote:
> But when I start the fifth (sometimes the forth) consumer I ran into
> problem: which are the limitation of shmsrc, I wonder the use of a
> global lock.

There should be no limit on the number of consumers, the only limit is
that they all have to keep up with the producer, otherwise they will end
up stalling the other ones, as the buffers are not freed before each
consumer has consumed it.

> gst-launch shmsrc socket-path=/tmp/blah !
> "video/x-raw-yuv,format=(fourcc)YUY2, color-matrix=(string)sdtv,
> chroma-site=(string)mpeg2,width=(int)320, height=(int)240,
> framerate=(fraction)30/1" ! autovideosink
> ERROR: from element /GstPipeline:pipeline0/GstCapsFilter:capsfilter0:
> Filter caps do not completely specify the output format
> Additional debug info:

This is very strange.. It does it only for the 4th or 5th try ? Tbh, I
haven't really tested with multiple readers much, most users up to now
have had a single one.

--
Olivier Crête
olivier.crete at collabora.com