quicktime player support

mattes effemm at mykmk.com
Wed Mar 7 10:01:42 PST 2012

>How does one encode a movie clip that can be played back with quicktime player.
>Here is what I got so far working:
>
> gst-launch -e videotestsrc do-timestamp=1 ! video/x-raw-yuv, width=640,height=480,framerate=30/1 !
> videorate ! queue ! ffenc_mpeg4 bitrate=1500000 name=venc   alsasrc do-timestamp=1 ! audio/x->raw-
> int,rate=48000,channels=2 ! queue ! audioconvert ! faac bitrate=128000 name=aenc   qtmux name=mux !
> filesink location=vidtst_2.mp4 aenc. ! mux. venc. ! mux.
>
>I can open it with Quicktime player, but I only hear the audio. Video is just blank (black).
>Audio and video plays back fine though with mplayer and vlc.
>
>What does it take to support Quicktime Player?

I looked at some sample movie clips that play back in Quicktime player,
All these use either the MPEG-4 Visual format profile
     Simple @ L3
or   Advanced Simple at L5      for the Video track.

The ones created by  ffenc_mpeg4  is using the format profile 'Simple at L1'.
`gst-inspect ffenc_mpeg4`   does not list anything about profile settings.

How do I configure ffenc_mpeg4 encoder to use a different
 MPEG-4 Visual format profile?