DXR3 - Abadoned?

Christian Fredrik Kalager Schaller uraeus at linuxrising.org
Tue Mar 13 07:39:54 PDT 2012

Hi Jaroslav,
We usually keep the code around for old plugins in case someone comes
around again interested in updating and maintaining it. If you are
interested in cleaning up and updating this plugin I am sure we can
re-enable it in the build. The challenge for the GStreamer project is
that we got hundreds of plugins and it is impossible to maintain the
more fringe ones for the core team. So we rely on people who actually
own the hardware for instance to maintain such plugins for us.

My guess is that the dxr3 plugin was never ported from GStreamer 0.8 and
thus will need quite a bit of updating for either 0.10 or maybe even
better for 0.11.

Christian