GStreamer 0.11 status 5

Wim Taymans wim.taymans at gmail.com
Thu Mar 22 08:47:28 PDT 2012

Hello fellow GStreamer Hackers,

I just released what is hopefully going to be the last version of the
0.11 series.

I'll be turning this version (+ some fixes likely) into 1.0 very soon
now (I'm thinking
1 week) and then we can finally celebrate!

There is still a lot that needs to be done in 0.11 such as:

  - porting elements
  - testing things
  - fixes for various things
  - fix the unit tests

 From now on 0.11 is closed for big changes and API changes, only
bugfixes and porting efforts
will be allowed.

It's also getting nearly impossible to merge -bad and -good now. Where
possible we'll try
to our best to keep things merged in other cases we might revert back to
the (unported) 0.10
version for some plugins. I think doing the merge wrongly is worse than
just reverting because
it gives the impression that all is ported and kept up to data while it
probably just fails.

Ok, this was a short heads up, see you all later,
Wim