Damaged aspectratio and unsynch'd signal noise at bottom of videowindow

Steve Cookson it at sca-uk.com
Fri Mar 23 09:59:33 PDT 2012

> It goes wrong.

> I guess the Easycap card is a bit unreliable in certain circumstances.
What
> can I do to stabilise the picture?

In fact here is an error message.  I don't always get this, but here it is:

/home/image/Documents/Endoscopia$ gst-launch v4l2src
device=/dev/video1 ! videoscale ! video/x-raw-yuv,width=1024,height=600 !
videorate ! video/x-raw-yuv,framerate=25/2 ! tee name=t t. ! queue !
ffmpegcolorspace ! ximagesink sync=true  t. ! queue ! y4menc ! filesink
sync=true  location=vid_tmp.mkv
Setting pipeline to PAUSED ...
Pipeline is live and does not need PREROLL ...
Setting pipeline to PLAYING ...
New clock: GstSystemClock
WARNING: from element /GstPipeline:pipeline0/GstXImageSink:ximagesink0: A
lot
of buffers are being dropped.
Additional debug info:
gstbasesink.c(2597): gst_base_sink_is_too_late ():
/GstPipeline:pipeline0/GstXImageSink:ximagesink0:
There may be a timestamping problem, or this computer is too slow.

I don't think there is a problem with the computer, since it is flawless
with the webcam, which is 8 MegaPixel cam.

Regards

Steve