mp4 high CPU

Tibo W tibo_wcc at yahoo.com
Fri Mar 23 21:56:58 PDT 2012

Hi,

when I play a mp4 video file (I just need video, no sound), I get a high CPU load (1 core is 100% on a quad-core), and it takes 5s before I see the video:

gst-launch filesrc location=video.mp4 ! decodebin2 dec=name ! queue ! ffmpegcolorspace ! autovideosink

I just started with GStreamer so I apologize if the questions sound dumb:
- how can I tell if it's hardware accelerated (beside a lower CPU%) ?
- which decoder should I use ?

- how to improve the loading time ?
- what pipeline should I use if it's an mpeg-2 ?

I found some stuff online saying that ffmepgcolorspace does impact the CPU, but I don't know what else to use ?
I'm basically trying to figure out how to play the video with hardware acceleration.
- should I recompile a package ?
- should I find an existing plugin for my hardware ?
- how can I know which video my hardware support (I've got an intel N10 chipset, I think it handles mpeg-2, but not sure).

thanks a lot for your help guys !