Problem using Gstreamer

Rajat Jain rajatt.jainn at gmail.com
Mon Mar 26 12:17:27 PDT 2012

Hello there,
Please pardon me, but I am a novice while using gstreamer as well as linux.
I am using gstreamer on ubuntu version 11.10. While going through the same
FAQ(s), I found another command which puzzled me.
*Command*: "gst-launch filesrc location=thesong.mp3 ! mad !
audioconvert ! audioresample
! osssink"
I changed "*thesong.mp3*" with a local file named "*emptines.mp3*"

But I keep getting this error:
*Error:*Pipeline doesn't want to pause.
ERROR: from element /GstPipeline:pipeline0/GstFileSrc:filesrc0: Resource
not found.
Additional debug info:
gstfilesrc.c(1036): gst_file_src_start ():
/GstPipeline:pipeline0/GstFileSrc:filesrc0:
No such file "emptines.mp3"
Setting pipeline to NULL ...
Freeing pipeline ...

I replaced *osssink* with *alsasink*, *pulseaudiosink*, and
*autoaudiosink*as I was asked to do last time, but I didn't get any
result. Also like
windows, I gave the path name of the file as "*
/home/rajat/Documents/emptines.mp3*" as a variant to the command, but it
didn't helped either. Can anyone please help.

Regards
Rajat jain