Video Capture Card Lag problems and general advice for selecting cards.

Steve Cookson it at sca-uk.com
Wed Mar 28 04:21:43 PDT 2012

Hi Guys,

I have a real-time application using GStreamer with about a 1 second lag,
which it too much.

I'm using an EasyCap Video Capture Card and I suspect this device is causing
much of the lag.

What advice could you offer for minimising lag, and particularly identifying
where the lag is.

What Capture cards do you recommend for Linux?  Either digital or analogue (
I guess analogue may be faster, do you think?).

Anyhow I'd love to hear about your experiences with different cards and
whether you like them or not.

Thanks.

Steve