GST system clock question

smaynard steve at secondstryke.com
Fri Mar 30 13:26:50 PDT 2012

My project used to use 0.10.22 and assumed the system clock was always
GST_CLOCK_TYPE_REALTIME.

We have recently updated to 0.10.35 and found that the default clock type is
now GST_CLOCK_TYPE_MONOTONIC.

We were able to leave our code alone on Linux by simply setting the
clock-type of the system clock to be GST_CLOCK_TYPE_REALTIME.  However, on
win32, it appears to still behave in a monotonic fashion. Is this expected?
i.e. will we have to rewrite our code to work with a monotonic system clock
so that it operates properly on both Linux and Win32?

Thanks.

GstClock* gstSystemClk = gst_system_clock_obtain();
g_object_set(gstSystemClk, "clock-type", GST_CLOCK_TYPE_REALTIME, NULL);