Building on Windows

David Hoyt dhoyt at guidewire.com
Tue May 1 10:18:15 PDT 2012

> I'm trying to build QtGstreamer on Windows using the latest ossbuild, and I have a bunch of problems with it.
> I'm using the latest ossbuild checkout and and the 0.10.2 QtGstreamer.
> Is this a known bad combination? Do I have to go to a svn snapshot instead?

I haven't used QtGstreamer in conjunction with OSSBuild, but it should work. OSSBuild in the repo. is 1 or 2 releases behind but still relatively new. The last OSSBuild beta release targeted 0.10.35 (IIRC) and is actually pretty stable. You might want to wait for the official GStreamer SDK which has been announced (not sure on the release date, though). It will obsolete a lot of what OSSBuild was attempting to do. :/ But it's likely to be more compatible with newer GStreamer releases.

Cheers,
- David