getting the output on the windows ui using xoverlay

vivekr vivekramakrishnan at iitb.ac.in
Tue May 1 22:29:06 PDT 2012

Hi Stephen,

Thanks for your reply.

I am attaching the files that I am using also parallely the problem part.

in the bus sync handler this is the code

xoverlay_bus_sync_handler(GstBus *bus, GstMessage *message, gpointer data)
{
HWND hWnd = (HWND)data;

// ignore anything but 'prepare-xwindow-id' element messages
if (GST_MESSAGE_TYPE (message) != GST_MESSAGE_ELEMENT)
return GST_BUS_PASS;
if (!gst_structure_has_name (message->structure, "prepare-xwindow-id"))
return GST_BUS_PASS;

if (hWnd != 0) {
GstXOverlay *xoverlay;

// GST_MESSAGE_SRC (message) will be the video sink element
xoverlay = GST_X_OVERLAY (GST_MESSAGE_SRC (message));

//xoverlay = GST_X_OVERLAY (videosink);

//GstXOverlay *xoverlay;
GstXOverlay* ov = (GstXOverlay*)videosink;

//gst_x_overlay_set_xwindow_id(ov, 0);
gst_x_overlay_set_xwindow_id (ov, (gulong)hWnd);
//gst_x_overlay_set_xwindow_id (ov,(guintptr)s_app.hWndMain);//Vivek
Ramakrishnan

//gst_x_overlay_set_window_handle(ov,(guintptr)s_app.hWndMain);

} else {
g_warning ("Should have obtained hWnd by now!");
}

gst_message_unref (message);
return GST_BUS_DROP;
}

There are some warnings as to invalid cast from GSTDDrrawsink and some
comments G_TYPE_IS_INTERFACE failed GST_ELEMENT (from) iface_type failed. I
have read the entire blog in the series on this topic. And also implemented
the said corrections. Please throw some light on the problem and the
solution. Then once solved we can upload the solution as these files.
Please find the attachment.

Thanks and Regards,
Vivek Ramakrishnan

http://gstreamer-devel.966125.n4.nabble.com/file/n4602396/source.cpp