Problem Compiling-Running the Gstreamer Examples

Sean McNamara smcnam at gmail.com
Thu May 3 04:02:43 PDT 2012

Hi,

On Thu, May 3, 2012 at 4:58 AM, s.rawat <imsaurabhrawat at gmail.com> wrote:
> HI
> I am referring to Gstreamer Examples -
>> http://cgit.freedesktop.org/gstreamer/gstreamer/tree/tests/examples .Any
> idea how can I compile the whole Tree and get the executables.
> There is a Makefile.am in the Top directory and in the sub-folders of each
> directory.This is generally used by the automake tool to generate
> Makefile.But Along with that it also uses autoconf tool which takes
> configure.in file as an input.
> Can some plz assit how to compile them and export any other Path variable
> needed for this.

You have to run ./autogen.sh in the base directory, which will create
appropriate Makefiles for every subdirectory containing source code.
If you're running Windows, I'm not sure what you'd do -- probably run
MinGW or Cygwin and use the bash interpreter in there; you can still
build with whatever toolchain you want. For non-Windows platforms
you'll just need an sh / bash interpreter (should be standard on Mac,
Linux, Solaris, BSD, etc), autoconf, automake, and a make
implementation roughly compatible with GNU Make... the autogen script
should handle the rest.

BTW you can tweak the configuration options either by supplying
command line arguments to autogen.sh, or to the configure script that
is created when you run autogen.sh. Try "./configure --help" .

-Sean