Pipeline Debugging.

Tiago Katcipis katcipis at inf.ufsc.br
Mon May 7 06:18:21 PDT 2012

Hi Richard,

When i found myself in situations like yours i find useful to use the
identity element before/after the element that I'm suspecting to be the one
that stalled. Also, GST_DEBUG is extremely useful, if you just use
GST_DEBUG=5, the amount of debug information is overwhelming, but if you
use GST_DEBUG=element:level, it gets a lot more interesting (i found a lot
of bugs on my elements using GST_DEBUG=my_element:5).

Debug in general:
http://gstreamer.freedesktop.org/data/doc/gstreamer/head/manual/html/section-checklist-debug.html

Identity element:
http://gstreamer.freedesktop.org/data/doc/gstreamer/head/gstreamer-plugins/html/gstreamer-plugins-identity.html