xvidenc + libmp3lame out of sync...

andrea sarkiaponius at alice.it
Fri May 18 13:33:02 PDT 2012

On Wed, 2012-05-16 at 17:19 +0200, Wim Taymans wrote:
> On 05/16/2012 05:10 PM, andrea wrote:
> > Hi,
> >
> > I'm using the following command line (with reference to some shell
> > variables) to download streams from Italian broadcast RAI.TV:
> >
> > gst-launch-0.10 rtspsrc location="$URL" \
> >    ! decodebin2 name=decoder \
> >    decoder. \
> >    ! queue \
> >    ! xvidenc bitrate=$VBT \
> >    ! mux. \
> >    decoder. \
> >    ! audioconvert \
> >    ! audioresample \
> >    ! audio/x-raw-int, rate=44100 \
> >    ! lamemp3enc target=bitrate cbr=true bitrate=128 \
> >    ! queue \
> >    ! mux. \
> >    avimux name=mux \
> >    ! filesink location="$DEST"
> >
> > It usually works, but sometimes the resulting videos go out of sync
> > after some minutes. Some other times audio and video are slightly out of
> > sync constantly throughout the show.
>
> rtspsrc buffer-mode=none might make things better. You might also have
> better results with
> qtmux because it can preserve timestamps better.

buffer-mode=none gave better results in some cases. Some other cases are
more difficult, I don't know why. It could well be the overall source
quality, that I could not check because I have no time to stay here
watching a two hours video.

Concerning qtmux, can it create AVI files as well as avimux?

Best regards.

> Wim
> >
> > I'm not a developer, I simply try to use gstreamer for very simple
> > applications. I wander if the above pipeline misses something that is
> > needed to guarantee the sync.
> >
> > Here are some example for $URL:
> >
> > rtsp://wms2.rai.it/raitrecdn/raitre/ulisse/Ulisse_PUNTATE/156723.wmv
> > rtsp://wms2.rai.it/raitrecdn/raitre/ulisse/Ulisse_PUNTATE/433069.wmv
> >
> > Any hint would be very much appreciated.
> >
> > Best regards.

Andrea <sarkiaponius'at'alice.it>