Write several files while continuous preview

Hector Canto hectorcanto at gmail.com
Thu Oct 11 07:25:19 PDT 2012

Hi everyone,

I'm trying to develop a pipeline where I can maintain a continuous preview
while recording several files. I don't mind loosing data between chunks.
So far I've come with this ideas but I lack expertise with this elements or
I was unsuccessful so far:

The ideas:

1) Use a *multifilesink *
2) Use *two branches* with valve + encoder + muxer + filesink, shifting
between them, rebuilding them when disabled.
3) *Block* the pad and rebuild the last part of the branch

The questions for each alternative:

1.a Is there a way to control the "next-file" manually, an EOS to the sink
doesn't seems to work.
1.b I had problems with the first chunk and with time-stamping, am I
missing something?

3.a Would the pipeline stuck?
3.b Do I need to build the elements again or there is a way to restart them

And finally, which alternative do you recommend?
*I would like to implement (1)* but I didn't found documentation or
examples to help me do it. (2) seems the easiest but also the less clean.

Thanks in advance
----
Héctor Canto