Increasing UDPSRC performance using GstBufferPool

Paulski73 paul.butler at generaldynamics.uk.com
Mon Oct 15 02:58:39 PDT 2012

Thank you Edward for the response.  This raises a few more questions;

Is anyone actively working on Bug Report 668842 and is there an estimate of
when it is likely to be resolved?

I need a quick work around to improve the performance of my udpsrc, how easy
would it be to add GstBufferPool into my build of gstreamer-0.10?

Even if I did this, would I still see the GSocket problem?

Would it be easier for me to revert to using recvfrom() as identified in the
bug report, or do I still need to use the Buffer Pool?

Any help would be appreciated.

Regards,

Paul.