1.0 : GValue used in code of uridecodebin autoplug-sort

Tim-Philipp Müller t.i.m at zen.co.uk
Tue Apr 2 04:40:37 PDT 2013

On Tue, 2013-04-02 at 18:57 +0800, Suresh Kumar SHUKLA wrote:

> http://cgit.freedesktop.org/gstreamer/gst-plugins-base/tree/gst/playback/gsturidecodebin.c?h=1.0
>
> static GValueArray *
> proxy_autoplug_sort_signal (GstElement * element, GstPad * pad,
>     GstCaps * caps, GValueArray * factories, GstURIDecodeBin * dec)
> {
>   GValueArray *result;
>
>   g_signal_emit (dec,
>       gst_uri_decode_bin_signals[SIGNAL_AUTOPLUG_SORT], 0, pad, caps,
>       factories, &result);
>
>   GST_DEBUG_OBJECT (dec, "autoplug-sort returned %p", result);
>
>   return result;
> }
>
> So GValue will continue being used in 1.0 or am I missing something ?

Did you mean GValueArray? What is your actual question? Obviously it is
still being used, as you can see from the code :)

If your question is whether it is still being used in the API despite it
having been deprecated in GLib, then the answer is unfortunately yes -
the GLib folks just deprecated it without a suitable replacement.

You'll have to supress/ignore the deprecation warnings in the few places
where this is still being used.

 Cheers
  -Tim