x264enc in GST SDK for Windows

Sebastian Dröge sebastian.droege at collabora.co.uk
Mon Apr 22 00:31:59 PDT 2013

On Sa, 2013-04-20 at 01:10 -0700, hwathanie wrote:
> I am trying to stream a video using GST SDK for windows, but received an
> error saying that x264enc is missing. I just installed GST SDK for Windows
> as given the installation web page. Could you kindly suggest how to include
> the relevant plugins in Windows.

Hi,

the GStreamer SDK currently does not ship any encoders at all unless
they're automatically included with the decoders. However if you want to
provide a patch for the SDK to build x264 and the x264 plugin this would
definitely be accepted.

Please file a bug at http://bugs.freedesktop.org against the GStreamer
SDK about this.