RTSP Server problem

Federico Zamperini fzamperini at tiscali.it
Fri Aug 2 01:14:50 PDT 2013

Not a solution, just a suggestion: use a gst-launch pipeline using a
playbin (playbin2 on gstreamer 0.10) to play the stream.
I once had a problem with UDP ports being blocked and while VLC gave up
with no helpful messages, the gst-launch pipeline was smart enough to
wait 5 seconds, declare that no UDP packets arrived in that interval and
then switch to TCP (that is: asked the RTSP server to send RTP media
packets on TCP rather than on UDP). This may not be your case, but
gst-launch showed to be really smart and helpful.

Federico