Using AppSrc with RTSP Server

Dexter Metzger dexter.metzger at gmail.com
Mon Aug 5 13:46:23 PDT 2013

Does anyone have any examples on using AppSrc with rtsp-server? This
question has been asked multiple times in the past, but has never been
answered. I'm unable to find any documentation describing how it can be
done.

The problem with RTSP server is that it envelops the pipeline, restricting
access to the elements. This prevents a developer from making calls on the
"appsrc" element. I found one post that describes a partial solution (
http://lists.freedesktop.org/archives/gstreamer-devel/2012-November/037854.html)
but it lacks a complete implementation and I'm not able to get a program
working using its concepts.