Trying to play an mpeg ps pal video...

Tim-Philipp Müller t.i.m at zen.co.uk
Wed Aug 7 01:02:04 PDT 2013

On Tue, 2013-08-06 at 16:57 +0200, Eric Trousset wrote:

Hi,

> I m trying to play a mpeg ps pal video with gst-launght, here is my
> cmd :
>
> gst-launch-0.10.exe souphttpsrc
> location=http://192.168.56.1:52245/mal/I/AL10/128.mpeg ! queue2 !
> mpegpsdemux name=demux demux. !decodebin2 name=dec ! videorate !
> multiqueue name=mq ! autovideosink  demux. !  decodebin2 ! queue !
> audioconvert! audioresample ! autoaudiosink
>

> The video seems to play well but at first I can hear only 1s of music,
> the rest of the music seems to play when video is done… any idea? I
> want to avoid using playbin2 to be able to test other demuxers…
>

> The aim of this is to debug my main app in which the mpegpsdemux seems
> not to work well when my source element returns true at the IsSeekable
> method…

Is this a very short clip, or a normal file?

Have you tried with the GStreamer 1.0 binaries from

 http://gstreamer.freedesktop.org/pkg/windows/

yet?

What audiosink/videosink are actually chosen here? (pass -v to
gst-launch)

Does it work with

  gst-launch-0.10 playbin uri=file://c:/path/to/foo.mpg

  gst-launch-0.10 playbin uri=pushfile://c:/path/to/foo.mpg

  gst-launch-0.10 playbin
uri=http://192.168.56.1:52245/mal/I/AL10/128.mpeg

?

Cheers