Gstreamer segmentation fault - Upgrading from Ubuntu 11.10 to 12.04 LTS

Peter Rennert p.rennert at cs.ucl.ac.uk
Thu Aug 8 06:17:48 PDT 2013

I had yesterday a weird problem with g_object_set() as well. I ported a
gstreamer application from python back to C. I forgot that
g_object_set() needs to be NULL terminated. For some time (several runs)
neither the compiler complained about the missing NULL nor anything was
wrong with the program running.

Then instantly I got very weird messages in run time that certain
properties do not exist. It took me some time to figure out what was
wrong. Just make sure that your g_object_set look like

g_object_set(G_OBJECT(data->vidcaps),  "caps",  caps,  NULL);