Play and record MP4 video in Android

Ajay ajay.nagarkar at mapyn.com
Thu Aug 15 22:48:38 PDT 2013

Hello All,

I am sending a video stream using a C920 HD camera as an MP2TS stream. I am
able to view the video on an Android tablet properly with the following
pipeline

data->pipeline = gst_parse_launch("udpsrc caps=\"video/mpegts,
systemstream=(boolean)true, packet-size=(int)188\" ! tsdemux ! queue !
h264parse ! amcviddec-omxtiducati1videodecoder ! eglglessink", &error);

However now that I want to record and play simultaneously using a tee, I am
using this command -

data->pipeline = gst_parse_launch("udpsrc caps=\"video/mpegts,
systemstream=(boolean)true, packet-size=(int)188\" ! tsdemux ! queue !
h264parse ! tee name=myvid ! queue ! amcviddec-omxtiducati1videodecoder !
eglglessink myvid. ! queue ! mp4mux ! filesink
location=/storage/sdcard0/Movies/Test.mp4", &error);

The app loads fine but I get a "Error Received from element udpsrc1:
internal data flow error" and I am neither able to view video nor record it.
A Test.mp4 gets created though with 0 size.

The last time I got a udpsrc internal data flow error I was not setting the
permissions in the app correctly, however they are still in the app.

What could I be possibly missing here. Thanks for your help in anticipation.

New to tees so reaching out to the experts here.

Thanks and Regards
Ajay