long run gstreamer stops working without message

Thomas DEBESSE thomas.debesse at rcf.fr
Mon Aug 19 07:13:56 PDT 2013

2012/12/5 Krzysztof Konopko <krzysztof.konopko at youview.com>:
> Just a guess... could it be something to do with clock/buffer timestamp
> wrap-around or truncation?

Don't know…

> The timestamps are 64 bit integers which gives roughly 10^18. The base
> time unit is ns (10^-9) so if we talking about hours we reach values at
> most ~10^13. Feels like there's still enough capacity in the timestamp
> type. But maybe specifically alsasink or the the hardware itself
> truncates timestamps and doesn't handle wrap-arounds?

Good idea, but I tested it with dozens of different hardware
soundcards, with same issues.

I have filled a detailed bug report in january but nobody has responded :

http://lists.freedesktop.org/archives/gstreamer-bugs/2013-January/099131.html

Currently, I use a cron that stop / play my pipelines every three hours…

All pipelines that contain alsasrc or alsasink module become silent or
noisy after dozens of hours. A pipeline linking alsasrc to alsasink
becomes unusable after approximatively three hours.

It's hardware independant, Gstreamer 0.10 or 1.0 independant, seems
distro independant.

--
Thomas DEBESSE
RCF Méditerrannée