Decodebin support for Mpegts over RTP

Edward Hervey bilboed at gmail.com
Tue Aug 20 23:06:51 PDT 2013

Hi,

  You'd need to create a sdp file to describe the RTP streams and use
that as your starting point with uridecodebin.

  And the: uridecodebin uri=file:///location/to/my.sdp ! ...

  The reason for that is that we can't figure out from the incoming
(udp) stream that:
  1) It is rtp
  2) What the nature of the underlying stream in RTP is

  ==> You need a out-of-band description for that stream, which is
normally provided by a sdp. That sdp is either provided at the RTSP
level *or* you can create your own.

Note: There is a high probability that typefind will actually detect the
incoming stream as just being mpegts (i.e. not in rtp)... but that's not
really what you want.

Note2: Creating the appropriate SDP file is left as an exercise to the
reader.

Note3: Yes, use uridecodebin and not decodebin, it takes care of a lot
of stuff you most likely don't want to do or will do wrong.