[stb-tester] libv4l2: error getting pixformat: Bad address

David Röthlisberger david at rothlis.net
Wed Aug 21 06:46:06 PDT 2013

On 21 Aug 2013, at 13:59, Sneha Murganoor wrote:

> I am facing this issue again .. this time with "Vizio setup box". How to debug and fix this intermittent failures?
> Now both Sony BD Player and Roku are working fine as stated connection being : Setup box to HD FURY III to HD PVR.  But when Vizio setup box is placed, it is failing.

If I understand your question correctly, you are asking about a known
intermittent hardware failure with the Hauppauge HDPVR video-capture
device. I don't think anybody on the GStreamer list is going to be able
to help you, so I'm dropping GStreamer from the discussion by BCCing
them in this email. If they want to re-join the discussion they can
reply.

The Hauppauge HDPVR has known stability problems. You can read all about
it here: http://stb-tester.com/hardware.html

Workarounds have been discussed on the stb-tester mailing list before:
https://groups.google.com/d/msg/stb-tester/OWddTrrwhqY/xiwwtGQxGywJ

As I explained in my last email, the problem is unlikely to be related
to the "Vizio setup box", which I assume is your video source. Do you
have new evidence to suggest that the problem *isn't* intermittent, but
is specifically related to which video source is connected to the HDPVR?

> I still have to work on lot of devices, is there are a good soln instead of this topology?

Some of us on this list are using Blackmagic Intensity Pro video-capture
cards with stb-tester, and others are using SD capture hardware like
http://linuxtv.org/wiki/index.php/Easycap

Cheers,
Dave.