Possible bug in gstadapter

Tim-Philipp Müller t.i.m at zen.co.uk
Thu Aug 22 02:05:55 PDT 2013

On Thu, 2013-08-22 at 01:51 -0700, Baby Octopus wrote:
> Ping :-)
>
> Still not very clear with this. I still feel all the derivative buffers
> should have the same timestamp as that of the parent buffer. Does such an
> assumption break any usecase or element behaviour?

You don't know anything about the data in the adapter. If the child
buffer starts at offset 0 of the parent buffer, it would probably be ok
to return the same timestamp, but it's less clear for other use cases. I
don't think you can make general assumptions here. There's API to
retrieve the last pts/dts and the distance.

Cheers
 -Tim