Adaptive video elementary stream playback

Deepak Jain jain1982 at gmail.com
Thu Aug 22 07:26:27 PDT 2013

Hi,

I am getting elementary video stream from adaptive server(say MPEG_DASH),
and the stream properties changes dynamically based on n/w bandwidth.

Say for 10 sec video size is 340x220....next 10 sec it is 1280x720.....and
then 1920x1080.

Now my pipeline is not capable of handling those things.

Here is my pipeline:

gst-launch ! appsrc ! h264parse ! ffdec_h264 ! ffmpegcolorspace !
videoscale ! autovideosink

The video plays with jerks and eventually stops....1 min video plays for
only 4-5 sec.

Can anybody suggest what additional I need to add/delete in the pipeline.

Thanks