Reorder buffers from different src pad

Demeyer Jonathan Jonathan.Demeyer at macq.eu
Sun Aug 25 13:10:55 PDT 2013

Hello,

I'm trying to find an element for the following pipeline :

                    / filterA -> processingA \
src -> tee                                                   reorder -> sink
                    \ filterB -> processingB /

The "reorder" plugin will be there to reorder buffers based on their timestamp. It will simply compare buffers on both branches and decide which one it has to send first.
In the example, filterA and filterB drop buffers alternatively. ProcessingA and processingB can have different "processing time". A buffer arriving first in the tee and taking the A branch may arrive after a later one taking the B branch. The element has to wait for the buffer coming from A.

Does this plugin already exist ? (the question is for a video flow but it can also be signal agnostic)
I saw "funnel" but this plugin doesn't reorder buffers (AFAIU).

Thanks a lot,

Jonathan Demeyer