Multifilesink: How to generate new file on record button press

Harish Sakhare harish_sakhare at yahoo.com
Fri Aug 30 07:25:18 PDT 2013

Hello All,

           I am sending a video stream using a C920 HD camera as an MP2TS
stream. For storing streaming in different files i used "Multifilesink"
element. For every press of button Record ON I have to generate new file so
I used property of multifilesink element is "next-file" like,

 g_object_set(G_OBJECT(data->multifilesink), "next-file", 3, NULL);
3 = GST_MULTI_FILE_SINK_NEXT_KEY_UNIT_EVENT   New file after a force key
unit event

I am able to record using this but after pressing each record ON button new
file is not generated which is actually I want. I thing it requires force
key unit event but I don't have an idea how to give force key event from
button press so it can generate new file for each Record ON button press.
Plz any one can help me.

I will appreciate any help for my problem