two issues when recording sound

Osmo Antero osmoma at gmail.com
Sun Dec 1 13:06:00 PST 2013

Hello,
I do not know gst-python, but in my c-code based recorder I have to create
a bin from the (caps) capability string.
I think you should use the gst_parse_bin_from_description(...)

Please take a look at my recorder. It links to Gstreamer 1.0 (not 0.10).
http://bazaar.launchpad.net/~osmoma/audio-recorder/trunk/view/head:/src/gst-pipeline.c
Look for the "pipeline_create_complex" function.

I have hard-coded some audio profiles (capability strings) in:
http://bazaar.launchpad.net/~osmoma/audio-recorder/trunk/view/head:/src/media-profiles.c

Audio-recorder itself:
https://launchpad.net/audio-recorder/

Osmo (Moma) Antero

On Sun, Dec 1, 2013 at 6:33 PM, Pablo Rodriguez <oinos at gmx.es> wrote:

> Hi there,
>
> first of all, congratulations for your excellent work on Gstreamer and
> many thanks for releasing it under a free license.
>
> I have a small script that records sound from microphone to a .wav file.
> it is written in Python. You can find it at
> https://github.com/ousia/iRaccoonShow/blob/master/recslides.py, but the
> relevant part is:
>
>         self.player = gst.Pipeline("player")
>         #~ self.clock = self.player.get_clock()
>
>         self.source = gst.element_factory_make("alsasrc", "alsa-source")
>         #~ self.caps = gst.Caps("audio/x-raw-int,rate=16000,channels=1")
>
>         self.encoder = gst.element_factory_make("wavenc", "wavenc")
>
>         self.fileout = gst.element_factory_make("filesink", "sink")
>         self.fileout.set_property("location", self.audiofilename )
>
>         self.player.add(self.source, self.encoder, self.fileout)
>         gst.element_link_many(self.source, self.encoder, self.fileout)
>
> Before I forget, I use Fedora 19, which comes with gstreamer-0.10.36.
>
> When I start the script, I always get the following error:
>
>     ** Message: pygobject_register_sinkfunc is deprecated (GstObject)
>
> How could I fix this?
>
> The other issue is the only commented line in the code snippet above. I
> would like to have the sound recorded with a lower frame rate and only
> one channel (otherwise, output files are huge).
>
> How should I integrate the self.caps line, so that I have an output
> files with these features?
>
> Many thanks for your help,
>

> Pablo
> --