'Unable to build pipeline: no element "myplugin"' on iOS 7 in Xcode 5

Sebastian Dröge sebastian at centricular.com
Mon Dec 2 00:46:14 PST 2013

On Mo, 2013-12-02 at 00:41 -0800, nicksonsix wrote:
> Anyone knows how to do it? I stuck there despite many attempts I have made...
> I would really appreciate any help. Thanks.

You need to statically link your plugin to your application, and
initialize it somewhere during application initialization. iOS does not
supported shared libraries (and as such dynamic plugins) for
applications.

For simplicity it's usually best to just link the source files of your
element into your application and call gst_element_register() from your
application instead of making it a "real" static plugin.

--
Sebastian Dröge <sebastian at centricular.com>
Centricular Ltd - http://www.centricular.com