scrolling text suggestions

Sebastian Dröge sebastian at centricular.com
Mon Dec 2 00:53:11 PST 2013

On Mo, 2013-12-02 at 00:21 -0800, buzzy wrote:
> Hello,
>
> I need some scrolling text on my stream (like on the news). I've tried many
> ways to implement it, but it seems I cant find anything efficient enough.
> Right now this is my best solution:
>
> ... ! textoverlay shaded-background=true wrap-mode=-1 text=\"test
> ksaljdhkjshfkjsd\" ! videobox name=\"border\" border-alpha=0 top=0 left=0 !
>
> with this method I change videobox property "left" every 50 miliseconds.
> Seems to work, but it's a bit laggy. Could someone help me here with better
> solutions?

A better solution would probably be to implement a filter element that
draws the scrolling text itself on the frames and does the scrolling
itself. That way you have complete control about the timing and can also
do it more efficient.

--
Sebastian Dröge <sebastian at centricular.com>
Centricular Ltd - http://www.centricular.com