gst_element_query_position problem

Sebastian Dröge sebastian at centricular.com
Tue Dec 3 03:13:54 PST 2013

On Fr, 2013-11-29 at 19:57 +0530, Deepak Jain wrote:
> Hi Sebastian,
>
> Thanks for your quick reply.
>
> Do I need to create this new segment always while doing a position query?
>
> I am updating my application's timer and progress bar by calling a
> g_timeout_add of 250 ms on the pipeline and in the callback function, I am
> querying for the position.
>
> Also, are you referring to using the functions like :
>
> gst_segment_set_running_time
> <https://developer.gnome.org/gstreamer/0.10/gstreamer-GstSegment.html#gst-segment-set-running-time>
>  and gst_segment_to_stream_time
> <https://developer.gnome.org/gstreamer/0.10/gstreamer-GstSegment.html#gst-segment-to-stream-time>
>

> It will be really helpful to me if you point me to some code position/link
> that I can refer to.

I'm not aware of any code that does exactly what you want. But the
function in question is gst_event_new_segment(), and the segment related
API on basesrc.

Read the GStreamer design documentation for understanding how segments,
synchronization and position reporting in GStreamer works.

--
Sebastian Dröge <sebastian at centricular.com>
Centricular Ltd - http://www.centricular.com