Only the original webm file seems to be played properly using playbin

Lasse Laursen gazoo at 42.dk
Wed Dec 4 07:47:26 PST 2013

On 04-12-2013 17:35, Sebastian Dröge wrote:
> Are you using an NVidia GPU? There seem to be some problems with NVidia
> and Direct3D and d3dvideosink that cause problems like this.
>
> Still needs to be debugged by someone with access to such hardware.
Good to know. So I can essentially assume that if I use an appsink right
after it's split off and been decoded into raw frames (and more
importantly before it hits the GPU), I can expect the raw frames to look
'acceptable' despite the fact that they turn out all green and weird
using gst-launch?

> The missing decoders are all for formats for which you need to get a
> patent license from the MPEG-LA, depending on the country you're in and
> your legal requirements. WebM (i.e. Matroska with a VP8 video and Vorbis
> audio stream) is a free format, that's why the decoders/demuxers for
> this are included by default.
>
> You can install the missing decoders if you select them in the
> installer, they're listed there as "restricted" codecs. Or just install
> everything:)
I should have figured. I snatched a webm recoder and had it chew on the
.mpg file. Runs fine now. That'll be a good enough solution for now. I
opted for the Miro Video Converter as the XMedia Recoder just crashes
upon encoding. Do you happen to have one you can recommend? The Miro one
is a little too... Hmmm... How should I say... Idiot-proof? for my liking.

Regards,
Lasse