How to dynamically change the video source of a playbin pipeline?

Joshua Kurland joshua.kurland at adtecdigital.net
Wed Dec 4 10:01:11 PST 2013

Hi, I have a question about using playbin to dynamically change the source
of a pipeline to play different video clips.  Right now I have the URI
parameter set in playbin, and I have to block the source pad before I can
switch to a new URI.  My question is, am I able to block the source pad of
playbin directly and just update the URI without stopping the stream?  Or
do I need to make a new GstElement linked to the pipeline, and block that
pad instead, closer to the example here:
http://gstreamer.freedesktop.org/data/doc/gstreamer/head/manual/html/section-dynamic-pipelines.html?
 And if so, how?

Thank you in advance for the help,
Josh Kurland