No sound after 1 second after AAC decode to usb sound card, but output to file seems OK

Sebastian Dröge sebastian at centricular.com
Sat Dec 7 02:17:07 PST 2013

On Fr, 2013-12-06 at 10:53 +0800, Diaz Soho wrote:
> hi all,
>
> When I try the pipe:
> gst-launch-0.10 -v
> http://192.168.1.3:9000/disk/DLNA-PNAAC_ISO-OP01-FLAGS01700000/O0$1$8I2829.m4a!
> qtdemux ! ffdec_aac ! audioconvert ! audio/x-raw-int,width=16 !
> alsasink
> sync=false
>

> I can hear sound from USB sound card. but
> it is not the same as original song.
> why I set sync=false, such that I can hear sound from USB sound card?
> The music sounds very slow.
> Why the sound is not the same as original sound?
> is it cause CPU slowly?
> or sync issue?
>
> my target platform :CPU 400Mhz, memory 32MB
> audio file :431Kbps, AAC LC encode, 2 channel, 44.1Khz

Because it sounds very slow if you run with sync=false (which will play
the audio as soon as it arrives), it is most likely that your CPU is too
slow to decode the audio in real time with ffdec_aac. With sync=true the
problem will be that the audio comes in too late, never catches up and
thus you hear silence after the first few, decoded samples (which are
decoded upfront) are played.

The situation might become a bit better if you add queues after the
demuxer and in front of the sink.

--
Sebastian Dröge <sebastian at centricular.com>
Centricular Ltd - http://www.centricular.com