proper audio video Interleave for mpegtsmux

Sebastian Dröge sebastian at centricular.com
Fri Dec 13 11:05:05 PST 2013

On Sa, 2013-12-07 at 09:28 -0800, miskol wrote:

> back to audio/video interleaving
> Than you agree that current solution is not optimal for muxers and we can't
> expect best result with slow internet connection.
> And something than will properly handle audio / video  buffers in right
> order could fix this ?

I'm still not sure what exactly the problem is that you have. What you
described earlier with the frame order, with the I, P and B frames is
nothing you can change unless you have settings on the encoder to e.g.
disallow B frames and to not require a too large buffer on the decoder
side.

For the interleaving of audio/video the muxers should already do the
most optimal. Audio and video are interleaved as near as possible in the
resulting file according to their timestamps.

Expertise, Straight from the Source