Color is not matching and alpha problem.

Ramesh Adapa r1m5s81 at gmail.com
Wed Dec 18 06:32:49 PST 2013

Dear Sebastian,

Sorry for late reply, my pipeline looks like this
*filesrc location=/somefile.txt ! reader ! decoder ! ffmpegcolorspace !
ximagesink*
*reader and decoder* are my plugins *reader* process the data from previous
file sends a structure to *decoder*.
decoder reads the data from structure and write it on PangoLayout paint
this on cairo_surface which has all 0's ARGB32 background, then I take the
surface into unsigned char* and copy this to buffer data and by using the
caps that you sent I pushed this buffer to ffmpegcolorspace. All text
color, layout bg color is looking fine and If I remove the alpha to surface
background then color shows properly, if I use alpha it shows black.

On Wed, Dec 18, 2013 at 2:04 PM, Sebastian Dröge
<sebastian at centricular.com>wrote:

> On Mi, 2013-12-18 at 11:15 +0530, Ramesh Adapa wrote:
> > Dear Sebastian,
> >
> >   Thanks for your quick response, now the color problem is solved but
> > still I have the alpha issue(i.e. alpha pixels are showing as black).
> > If I write my cairo surface into PNG it works fine. Let me know if
> > there is any extension of your privious solution that solves the alpha
> > problem.
>
> Well, what are you doing with the ARGB video stream? How is your
> complete pipeline looking?
>
> If the pixels with alpha are fully transparent and have all color
> components set to 0 it will be black unless you blend it with something
> else.
>
> --
> Sebastian Dröge, Centricular Ltd - http://www.centricular.com
> Expertise, Straight from the Source