gst-inspect-1.0 command not showing the updated plugin details

Sebastian Dröge sebastian at centricular.com
Mon Dec 23 03:47:05 PST 2013

On Mo, 2013-12-23 at 00:42 -0800, vindi503 wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I am using gstreamer-1.2.1 package, where I have modified "fdsrc" plugin
> (gstfdsrc.c file).
> But when I do gst-inspect-1.0 fdsrc, It is showing the information of the
> default one.
>
> I have run  the export command, i.e export
> GST_PLUGIN_PATH=/../../gstreamer-1.2.1/
> I had also run ./configure and make command to build plugins.
>
> Can any one help me in this.

You mean you compiled a new version of fdsrc and placed it elsewhere?
That's not going to work automatically, GStreamer needs to know about
the place where plugins are installed. By default it looks in
$prefix/lib/gstreamer-1.0 only, where $prefix is the one you used during
configure (i.e. /usr/local by default).

You can override that (as you noticed already) with the GST_PLUGIN_PATH
and GST_PLUGIN_SYSTEM_PATH environment variables.

Expertise, Straight from the Source