handle events / override event handling in appsrc

Sebastian Dröge sebastian at centricular.com
Tue Dec 24 05:53:41 PST 2013

On Mo, 2013-12-23 at 22:13 -0800, Cigarah wrote:
> I wish to make changes in gstappsrc.c and handle some of the events at appsrc
> level and then post it downstream. There is no event handler at appsrc
> level! The events that I post to the pipeline or appsrc, I can see logs
> getting printed from the below code in gstbasesrc.c
>
> [...]
>

> But, I can still see the logs printed from gstbasesrc file. Can anyone
> please help why the /send_event /function from/ appsrc/ is not getting
> called, instead the /send_event/ from/ basesrc /is getting called?

Can you provide the complete changed code of appsrc that you're using
here, and are you sure you're using the appsrc built from that in your
application?

Also what's your use case for intercepting the events or handling them
in a custom way. Maybe there's a better way to do what you want.

Expertise, Straight from the Source