Help build gst-launch commands

torrentkid ushouldmailme at gmail.com
Sun Dec 29 04:12:35 PST 2013

Hi

We are working on controlling a raspicam remotely & are experiencing serious
trouble building a single command to do the following.

I am planning to do the following:

Stream 1  - Plain video stream from raspicam
Stream 2  - Overlay stream with current date/time/text, a transparent logo

Problem: Unable to get the logo included in the stream

I tried building commands from bits & pieces but am having trouble on my
last part. I need to get a logo embedded in the stream along with the time &
clock.

Working command on the sender with date/time/textoverlay
raspivid -t 999999 -h 720 -w 1080 -fps 25 -hf -b 2000000 -o - |
gst-launch-1.0 -v fdsrc do-timestamp=true ! h264parse !  rtph264pay
config-interval=1 pt=96 ! gdppay ! tcpserversink host=192.168.1.107
port=5000

Working command on the receiver with date/time/textoverlay:
gst-launch-1.0 -v tcpclientsrc host=192.168.1.106 port=5000  ! gdpdepay !
rtph264depay ! avdec_h264 ! videoconvert ! clockoverlay ! textoverlay
text="hi" ! autovideosink sync=false

Can someone help me on how to include a logo in the same command ?

Thanks