Issues doing an uninstalled setup

Tim Müller tim at centricular.com
Tue Dec 31 12:37:00 PST 2013

On Tue, 2013-12-31 at 20:15 +0000, Pedro Côrte-Real wrote:

> It does seem like alsa got linked to two of the master libraries.
> Strange. Must be a bug with either create-uninstalled-setup.sh or
> git-update.sh

Quite a mystery. It works fine for me fwiw.

Are you absolutely sure you didn't at some point build things in gst/1.2
while being in the gst-master environment, e.g. through doing cd
~/gst/1.2/ ?

Could you do 'git clean -x -d -f' in 1.2/gstreamer and
1.2/gst-plugins-base and then manually run ./autogen.sh + make in those
and then check again?

create-uninstalled-setup.sh just takes care of the git checkout, I don't
see how it could have anything to do with this. But you can safely
remove the '$REF' in 'git clone $REF' and then try again.

 Cheers
  -Tim