More than three daemons?

Tim-Philipp Müller t.i.m at zen.co.uk
Mon Feb 4 13:46:01 PST 2013

On Mon, 2013-02-04 at 12:20 -0800, hobbesc7 wrote:

> gst-launch -v filesrc location=/dev/video7 ! video/x-h264 ! udpsink
> host=192.168.0.120 port=5011 &
> gst-launch -v filesrc location=/dev/video10 ! video/x-h264 ! udpsink
> host=192.168.0.120 port=5012 &
> gst-launch -v filesrc location=/dev/video13 ! video/x-h264 ! udpsink
> host=192.168.0.120 port=5013 &

This is not really an appropriate/supported way of reading data from
video devices.

> I see three video streams pop up on the PC, but the second and third ones
> lock up after 1-2 seconds of streaming.  The filesinks all keep running,
> with the files being valid when I play them.  The first video stream
> continues OK.
>
> In my process list I see six instances of the codec driver, one for each
> capture node.  When the second and third streams lock up, the cpu usage of
> two of the driver instances goes to zero.

You could try if it works better with udpsink sync=false.

Maybe also put a queue between the src and udpsink.

If it's mpeg-ts, you could also try setting blocksize=1316 (=7*188) on
filesrc, though it shouldn't really matter here.

 Cheers
  -Tim